In Minneosta, it's been freakishly cold for the last few weeks. We put this recipe together to make a small attempt at staying warm! This is one of those meals that could easily become a staple throughout the chilly, winter months. Enjoy!
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 gloves garlic, smashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Chop sweet potatoes into 1 inch pieces, add to large bowl with brussels
- Smash garlic and add to bowl
- Pour 1/3 olive oil over veggies
- Add cumin, garlic salt and salt to the bowl. Stir to mix.
- Add olive oil to your pan, spreading evenly across surface.
- Add veggies to pan. Cook for 35-40 minuets!
- After cooking, garnish veggies with fresh thyme.
I served our veggies on top of quinoa but this is totally optional. The three of us definitely had stuffed bellies by the end of this meal!